[CentOS] Interpreting logwatch

Albert McCann mac358 at newsguy.com
Wed Sep 8 23:32:20 UTC 2010

This lurker is running a family pictures website, and got tired of that
nonsense, so I have a bunch of entries like these in my .htaccess file:

Redirect permanent /phpMyAdmin/ http://127.0.0.1/
Redirect permanent /PMA2005/ http://127.0.0.1/

The Perishable Press blog has other .htaccess methods to deal with such
things.

I also block access from all Amazon EC2 IPs, that reduced the amount of port
and application scans by about half.

Al
--
I yam Popeye of the Borg. Prepares ta beez askimiligrated.