[CentOS] Shutdown CentOS VM when closing VMWare Workstation

Brian Mathis brian.mathis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 13:42:44 UTC 2010

Auto shutdown is controlled by the VMware host, not inside the guest
OS.  I haven't done this in Workstation, but in VMware Server there
are host options where you set the auto start/shutdown preferences.
Upon shutdown, VMware will just send an ACPI shutdown signal to the
VM, and it will act as if someone pressed the power button (soft
shutdown).

Google probably knows more.  This is a VMware question, not specific to CentOS.