[CentOS] Traffic shaping on CentOS

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Sep 10 04:19:45 UTC 2010

  On 09/09/10 8:51 PM, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
> So I'm wondering is tc the current and recommended method for traffic
> shaping on CentOS or is there some newer method that has superceded
> it?

welcome to the truly absymal state of linux documentation.   the TLDP
site should be slammed off the net entirely and nuked, 12 year old
HOWTO's talking about patches to 2.3.test aren't doing anyone any favors.

put a pfsense based router on your network border, and use that to do
the shaping  :deal: