[CentOS] OT: sendmail access

Richard Gliebe

richard.gliebe at fhv.at
Sun Sep 12 04:58:49 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I know, its normally a sendmail question (sendmail mailing list).
But I don't want to subscribe me for this only one question.
I hope, here are also many sendmail freaks ;-)

many Thanks.

Now my problem.

We are running sendmail-8.13.8-8.el5 on a CentOS release 5.5 (Final) Box.

We have to setup relaying for a person, which is connected to the
internet with a dailup connection. So every x days the IP and the
hostname will change.

Is there a solution how to set up /etc/mail/access to relay there Emails
permanent (maybe: FQDN from the 'mail from' domain, which is permantly -
<ourdomain>.at?)

Configure our access file with wildcards (IP: xxx.xxx.) is to insecure
for us.

At the moment, after there IP was changed, I also have to change the
access file.

Or is there another way to fix my problem.

pop3 before smtp (our client fetches there emails with POP3s) isn't an
option for us.

many, many thanks
Richard