[CentOS] OT: sendmail access

Richard Gliebe richard.gliebe at fhv.at
Sun Sep 12 07:38:52 UTC 2010

On 9/12/10 9:21 AM Giles Coochey wrote:
> I don't know if this is complete, but you could try the following:
>
> # list of authentication mechanisms
> O AuthMechanisms=EXTERNAL GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN
>
> # Authentication realm
> #O AuthRealm
>
> # default authentication information for outgoing connections
> #O DefaultAuthInfo=/etc/mail/default-auth-info
>
> # SMTP AUTH flags
> O AuthOptions=A p
>
> # SMTP AUTH maximum encryption strength
> #O AuthMaxBits

Hi,

thanks,

I inserted into sendmail.cf and restarted sendmail.

'250-AUTH' still missing

[root at mail mail]# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.tfe.at ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.8/8.13.8; Sun, 12 Sep 2010 09:29:40
+0200
ehlo localhost
250-mail.tfe.at Hello tfefw1.tfe.local [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE
250-DSN
250-ETRN
250-DELIVERBY
250 HELP
quit

But, when I'm trying to send an email, the user still becames:

Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.

Before SASL, the user becomes only "Relaying denied"

In Outlook 2003 in Email Preferences, the authentication for smtp is activ.

"the outgoing server (SMTP) needed Authentification - same entries as
the Incoming Server"

same UID and password on outgoing and incoming Server.

I love it on Sunday to work ;-(

many thanks
Richard