[CentOS] Centos Virtual Machine 32 bit with 8 GB ram ?

Roland RoLaNd r_o_l_a_n_d at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 02:44:28 EDT 2010

I have a centos 5.2 core 2 duo 3.0 GHZ with 2 GB ram which is working as a Virtual machine.
i've just upgraded the hosting physical server from 32 GB to 64 GB of ram. which in turn, would require me to upgrade the VM to 8 GB.
this is a 32 bit centos installation, would the system recognize and use the 8 GB?
the option of using a 64 bit centos isnt possible.

So i'm turning to you for advice.
would upgrading the Ram be enough, or is there anything to be done that's kernel based of some sort?