[CentOS] Can anyone suggest a decent backup system?

Kevin Thorpe

kevin at pibenchmark.com
Thu Sep 16 08:34:36 UTC 2010

  Hi all,

We have a bit of a problem with backups. We've been using bacula to tape
and now trying to disk but it's a complete nightmare as regards tape
management. The backup to file storage went ok for ages and now is stuck
'waiting for max storage jobs' which is odd as that's set to 20 and it's
the only backup running. That's totally typical of bacula.

Can anyone suggest a simple backup package for us? Essentially a single
server, full backup to tape every day. We don't need tape management as
we're fully capable of reading the written label on the tape ourselves.