[CentOS] looking for cool, post-install things to do on a centos 5.5 system

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Fri Sep 17 10:52:08 UTC 2010

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> To: CentOS discussion list <centos at centos.org>
> From: Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>
> Subject: [CentOS] looking for cool,
>     post-install things to do on a centos 5.5 system

>  over the next several weeks, i'm teaching some courses in RHEL admin
> but (unsurprisingly) i'll be using centos 5.5.  it's a
> decently-written, 3rd party course, all the generic, standard admin
> topics but it does leave me about a 1/2 day to throw in any cool stuff
> i want to add.

Adding Multimedia capabilities

Using SQLite3 from the command line
  Creating a Database
  Creating and populating a table
  Selecting, inserting, updating and deleting data in the
  database

Remote login sessions using ssh -X

Intro to nmap, nessus and Metasploit

Intro to Firefox plugins, eg Firebug
How to find and install other usefull FF plugins.

Obviously the list is endless really.

HTH

Keith

Websites: