[CentOS] GRUB woes: GRUB Hard Disk Error

Rob Del Vecchio rob.delvecchio at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 16:47:08 EDT 2010

Update: on a hunch, I tried installing Ubuntu Server.  Interestingly, the
GRUB installation failed during setup, however the LILO installation
completed successfully, the Ubuntu installation boots correctly.

For me, the whole reason to start using CentOS was to move away from Ubuntu.
I could do 3 things:
Try to install grub under Ubuntu and then use this
http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/InstallFromGRUB as a guide, or

Something like this:  The above except using LILO, or

Try to install the LILO boot loader after a CentOS installation; in rescue

Better ideas or suggestions?