[CentOS] How to simulate minimal ISO install using stage2 image file?

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 03:48:26 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Chad Woolley <thewoolleyman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a project which automates creation of EC2 AMI images.
> To do this, you must use a running EC2 instance to mount an image file
> in a chroot jail.
>
> My problem is that I want to create an AMI that looks exactly like a
> minimal (nothing selected) install from the CentOS ISO image

I did some research - it looks like I might be able to do this with kickstart:

http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.2/Installation_Guide/s1-kickstart2-startinginstall.html

However, I'm unsure exactly which of those options to use.  This seems
like a common task - are there any good tutorials which show the exact
process to create an basic CentOS image in a chroot via kickstart?

Thanks,
-- Chad