[CentOS] Oracle's Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel for Oracle Linux!!!

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Sep 20 19:16:52 UTC 2010

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>
>> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>> >
>> > http://blogs.computerworld.com/16997/oracle_rips_red_hat_and_sort_of_launches_a_new_linux
>> >
>> > oracle:  just another centos wanna-be?
>> >
>> Um, this is news? I thought Oracle pushed "Unbreakable Linux" out
>> the door at *least* last year.
>
>   read the article carefully.  this isn't unbreakable linux, that *is*
> old news.  this is oracle's (alleged) followup.

You're right - they've announced unbreakable unbreakable linux, u^2 linux.
<g>

But then, you have heard that in the latest release of Sun's, er, Oracle's
java, they changed the identifier to read Oracle, rather than Sun
Microsystems, and for some idiot java (sorry, I repeat myself) reason, a
fair number of packages out there, including ALL VERSIONS OF ECLIPSE for
the last 3-4 years, break, because they can't find those magic words,
rather than just looking at versions...?

          mark