[CentOS] CentOS, Firefox, and Java Plugin

Glenn Eychaner

geychaner at mac.com
Thu Sep 23 03:22:26 UTC 2010

	The latest updates to CentOS 5.5 seem to have broken the Java plugin, and have defeated any and all attempts to get it working again.  I'm running CentOS 5.5 (32-bit) and Firefox 3.6.9 (installed from the CentOS repository); I've tried BOTH the openJDK plugin available through the Argeo repositories, and installing Java 1.6.0 directly from Sun/Oracle and creating the plugin soft link in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.  Neither works at all. This was working a while ago, but it broke and I didn't notice.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
-G.
--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory