[CentOS] Configuring BIND to answer to two domain names (four IP addresses)

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 13:08:12 EDT 2010

On a CentOS 5 server, I am having a hard time configuring BIND to
answer to 4 IP addresses for 2 domain names.

Currently, I have four IP addresses, for sake of discussion they are:

Additionally, I have two domain names. For sake of discussion:

My goal is to have & as the nameservers for
exampleA.com, and & as the nameservers for
exampleB.com. Apache is running on this machine, and should of course
serve pages for the sites.

I think that I've got the apache configuration down, but the BIND
configuration is eluding me. I've read the following fine manual, but
I am still stuck:

Additionally, I have googled for "how to configure bind for multiple
domain names" and the like, but I see no mention of the IP addresses
configuration. Can I simply configure any IP address that the server
answers to as the nameservers? What am I missing?

Thank you in advance!

Dotan Cohen