[CentOS] In the press, once again

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Fri Sep 24 17:16:49 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
| On 9/24/2010 12:08 PM, James A. Peltier wrote:
| > It was funny, but it would have been more efficient to use tar over
| > netcat instead of CP or rsync to initially populate the directory.
| > It would be a steady data stream to the network and wouldn't beat up
| > on the file system as bad as rsync would.
|
| I'll trade being able to stop/start and repeat the same command
| (rsync)
| for a few extra packets over my local net any day.
|
| --
| Les Mikesell
| lesmikesell at gmail.com

Keep in mind I mentioned "to initially populate the directory".  Had the tar over netcat failed you could still then use rsync to restart.

Just a thought is all. ;)
--
James A. Peltier
Systems Analyst (FASNet), VIVARIUM Technical Director
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.fas.sfu.ca | http://vivarium.cs.sfu.ca
MSN     : subatomic_spam at hotmail.com

Does your OS has a man 8 lart?