[CentOS] Configuring BIND to answer to two domain names (four IP addresses)

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Sep 24 20:24:03 UTC 2010

Am 24.09.2010 22:12, schrieb Dotan Cohen:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 22:06, James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca> wrote:
>> formatting for NS records is incorrect.  It should just read
>>
>>                   NS ns1.exampleA.com.
>>                   NS ns2.exampleA.com.
>>

> Thanks. (I added the periods)
>
>> where is your ns1.exampleA.com entry?
>> where is your ns2.exampleA.com entry?
>>

> Where _should_ they be? So far as I've been able to google, I cannot
> tell... This is what all the examples look like that I have been able
> to find.
>

>> Broken! :)
>>

> Ou!

http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/

That is a good source to read up about bind configuration.

As a sidenote please be aware, that if someone directly queries your
ns1.exampleA.com for exampleB.com zone records he will get proper
answers. If you would need to prevent this for any reason you would need
a extended bind config design using views.

While the zytrax book has lessons about views you can too find a resource in

http://www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-bind-template.html

Regards

Alexander