[CentOS] Configuring BIND to answer to two domain names (four IP addresses)

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Fri Sep 24 22:06:52 UTC 2010

> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 22:41, Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:
> > You need:
> >
> > ns1.exampleA.com. IN      A       1.1.1.1
> > ns2.exampleA.com. IN      A       1.1.1.2
> >

> Here I have found conflicting information, it seems that some sources
> suggest this instead:
> ns1         IN      A       1.1.1.1
> ns2         IN      A       1.1.1.2
>
> Any idea?

When you have an $ORIGIN statement, it defines a suffix to automatically
add to any name that does not end in a '.'.  You can do either,
depending on how gratiously verbose you want to be.  Of course, being
verbose sort of defeats the whole point of the $ORIGIN statement...

--
Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration