[CentOS] Raid 10 questions...2 drive

Tom Bishop

bishoptf at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 02:27:46 UTC 2010

I have been reading lots of stuff but trying to find out if a raid10 2drive
setup is any better/worse than a normal raid 1 setup....I have to 1Tb drives
for my data and a seperate system drive, I am only interested in doing raid
on my data...

So i setup my initial test like this....

mdadm -v --create /dev/md0 --chunk 1024 --level=raid10 --raid-devices=2
/dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1

I have also read about near and far but was going to play with this and was
wondering if anyone had any insights for 2 drives setup...Thanks...