[CentOS] Centos-ds directory console problem

guy at desgames.com

Tue Sep 28 22:28:14 UTC 2010

I installed centos-ds on a 5.5 installation, following the
instructions to a tee, however now when I log onto the Directory
Console I only get the Servers and Applications and Users and Groups
tabs - no Configuration or Tasks tabs. Initially I was using the wrong
password for the Directory Manager user, but when I put in the correct
password it just sat there saying "Authenticating Directory
Manager..." (something like that). So I followed the instructions to
change the password, but now it just does the same thing as before -
lets me in, but with no Configuration or Tasks tabs. Obviously I'm
being logged in as just an admin user as I can add users, groups and
ou's to the tree.

Any help on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Guy