[CentOS] Alternatives to checkinstall?

Fri Sep 3 19:22:24 UTC 2010
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

I am reviewing some work that I did in June and forgot to take notes
at the time.  For some reason I have a nagging suspicion that for
this job I used a package builder other than checkinstall but for
the life of me I cannot recall the name.

Now, the case may be that I actually did use checkinstall in which
case not remembering the name of non-extant software is expected.
On the other hand I would like to remove any doubts on the matter.
If any of you have suggestions for viable alternatives to
checkinstall for installing source packages on CentOS-5 as rpms then
I would be much obliged. If I did use something else then perhaps
seeing the name might trigger the memory.

Canada  L8E 3C3