[CentOS] Traffic shaping on CentOS

Fri Sep 10 03:51:24 UTC 2010
Emmanuel Noobadmin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

I've been trying to do traffic shaping on one of my public servers and
after reading up, it seems like the way to do so is via tc/htb.
However, most of the documentation seems at least half a decade old
with nothing new recently.

Furthermore, trying to get documentation on tc filters turned up a
blank. man tc refers to a tc-filters (8) but trying to man that gives
a no such page/section error. Googling on this seems to imply that the
documentation was never created. The author also seems to have stop
updating his blog/company site since 2007 based on the last login date
on netherlabs.nl

So I'm wondering is tc the current and recommended method for traffic
shaping on CentOS or is there some newer method that has superceded
it?