[CentOS] CentOS, Firefox, and Java Plugin

Thu Sep 23 03:22:26 UTC 2010
Glenn Eychaner <geychaner at mac.com>

	The latest updates to CentOS 5.5 seem to have broken the Java plugin, and have defeated any and all attempts to get it working again.  I'm running CentOS 5.5 (32-bit) and Firefox 3.6.9 (installed from the CentOS repository); I've tried BOTH the openJDK plugin available through the Argeo repositories, and installing Java 1.6.0 directly from Sun/Oracle and creating the plugin soft link in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.  Neither works at all. This was working a while ago, but it broke and I didn't notice.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
-G.
--
Glenn Eychaner (geychaner at lco.cl)
Telescope Systems Programmer, Las Campanas Observatory