[CentOS] mcelog

Fri Sep 24 19:27:54 UTC 2010

Ok, we've got a new machine that's throwing ECC errors. I've gotten new
memory overnighted to me from the manufacturer, and replaced it, oops, not
that end of the bank, as their support told me, this end of the bank, as
the mobo manual I found online shows (Supermicro).

Still throwing errors. Ok, try to get more info.... Last week, I moved
/var/log/mcelog to /var/log/mcelog.1, and touched /var/log/mcelog. This
week, I tried running mcelog manually, and via /etc/cron.hourly/mcelog,
and get *nothing* at all. /var/log/message only screams that there are ECC
errors, so I need more data. I've even tried reinstalling mcelog, but no
joy.

Anyone got any ideas here, how to get it to say something?

       mark