[CentOS] centos 5.5 oscar: gcc41, gcc44 and gfortran41, gfortran44

Fri Sep 3 08:58:51 UTC 2010
Marcelo M. Garcia <marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com>

giggzounet wrote:

> So I must have a directory (for example /opt/compiler/gcc) with the
> different versions of gcc (4.1 and 4.4 in my case). Then the module tcl
> script chooses one and exclude the other, does it ?
>
> in order to have these gcc directories can I just copy the files from
> the installed rpm ? or must I compile the different gcc versions by myself ?

Hi

To be honest, I'm a little bit confused. If you install from the rpms
the binaries will have different names : gcc, gcc34, etc. So why the
hassle to differentiate them?

Unless, instead, you only set environment variables CC=gcc or CC=gcc34.
But sounds silly.

I think this make more sense if you have different MPI compilers, like,
one mpicc (gcc34), other mpicc(gcc41), etc. Or different BLAS libraries,
like libblas or libgoto etc.

Regards

mg.