[CentOS] centos 5.5 oscar: gcc41, gcc44 and gfortran41, gfortran44

Fri Sep 3 09:45:09 UTC 2010
Marcelo M. Garcia <marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com>

> ok. but if script are using direct gcc...and not the varaible CC ?
>
>> I think this make more sense if you have different MPI compilers, like,
>> one mpicc (gcc34), other mpicc(gcc41), etc. Or different BLAS libraries,
>> like libblas or libgoto etc.
>>

> it is my problem...with mpicc for example. And I though I could solve it
> with a gcc44 module or a gcc41 module. For example I have gcc 4.4
> installed, how can say to mpicc to use it ?

Hi

I suggest you to edit script, and replace gcc with CC[1]. Or put an
alias at the beginning of the script: alias gcc=gcc34(?).

For mpi, it's much easier because you set everything: CC=gcc34,
PREFIX=/data/mpi/gcc34, etc. Then you build the other one, CC=gcc,
PREFIX=/data/mpi/gcc41, etc. Now you build you modules.

Probably in the FAQ or documentation of your MPI explains how to create
your libraries, etc.

There a few good tutorials about parallel computing and MPI, etc here:
https://computing.llnl.gov/tutorials/parallel_comp/
https://computing.llnl.gov/tutorials/mpi/

Regards

mg.

[1]
You can replace inside vi, for example, or use something like 'sed':
http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/Sed.html#uh-0