[CentOS] Help! Help ! i done centos upgrade

Mon Sep 13 15:26:35 UTC 2010
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov>

Ernatalo su Gmail wrote on 09/13/2010 06:30 AM:
> Hi to all,
> i have a server with Centos 5.5 - 64 bit and i done 3 maounths ago
> filesystem update from ext3 to ext4.
> All things worked fine behind today.
> Today i done centos upgrade and now i'heve only GRUB Prompt.
>
> Can you help me me to strat the sterver without lose nothing?

Did you convert /boot to ext4?  If so, you may need to either convert
back to ext3 or find a version of GRUB that understands ext4.  Even if
/boot is on ext3 there may be problems if root is on ext4 and mkinitrd
is run without the "--with=ext4" switch.

Have you tried booting from installation media in rescue mode?

Phil