[CentOS] Was: Re: looking for cool, post-install things, is custom software

Fri Sep 17 21:14:29 UTC 2010

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On 9/17/2010 3:30 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>
>>> All I'm saying is that it often turns out to be a whole lot more work
>>> than the initial 'configure, make, make install', so you either have to
>>> train the users to do their own copies in their own space so it will
<snip>
> If you have different users needing these things on the same machine you
> must at least have run into situations where someone needs one version
> of a CPAN module or a new php/python/mysql version when at the same time
> someone else is running something that won't work with it.
>
> You might have run into the CPAN issue if you installed something like
> RT in the Centos 4 era.

Actually, my manager just laid something on me this morning: the new
release of Adobe's 64-bit flash for Linux. I suppose I need to get it from
Adobe, then find who's running 64 bit and not 32 bit....

        mark