[CentOS] Configuring BIND to answer to two domain names (four IP addresses)

Fri Sep 24 17:21:08 UTC 2010
Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>

> Have a read for the listen on directive for BIND which tells BIND what
> interfaces/IP Addresses to bind to.

Thanks, I am aware that Apache can be told to listen only to specific
addresses. Can BIND be told to listen on all addresses? Your post
implies that this is the default (which makes sense, as so does
Apache), maybe I am chasing a non-issue?

In other words, I should configure BIND to answer to exampleA.com and
to exampleB.com with no regard to IP addresses. then in the control
panel for each domain name configure the nameservers to my liking
(with addresses that the server answers to, naturally)? That's it?

>  Alternatively, you could just configure BIND identically on both machines and ensure that
> they are setup in a master/slave configuration so that each name server could answer
> requests for both domains and publish both name server records in each domain.

There is only one machine. All four addresses point to it.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com