[CentOS] Configuring BIND to answer to two domain names (four IP addresses)

Sat Sep 25 04:12:35 UTC 2010
cpolish at surewest.net <cpolish at surewest.net>

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 10:28:41PM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 22:24, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:
> > http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/
> >
> > That is a good source to read up about bind configuration.
> >
> > As a sidenote please be aware, that if someone directly queries your
> > ns1.exampleA.com for exampleB.com zone records he will get proper
> > answers. If you would need to prevent this for any reason you would need
> > a extended bind config design using views.
> >
> > While the zytrax book has lessons about views you can too find a resource in
> >
> > http://www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-bind-template.html
> >

> Wow, thank you! There is some good reading there, especially the
> security link. Lots of little holes to exploit!
>
> I will be up for the night!

For completeness: there is the BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual,
known as the ARM, usually supplied under /usr/share/doc/.
And what many consider to be the standard reference, Liu and Albitz's
"DNS and BIND" published by O'Reilly. I believe it's up to the
5th edition now; an earlier edition used to be provided online.
If you're serious about learning DNS you ought to consider this book.
--
Charles Polisher