[CentOS] Acronis True Image or Clonezilla

Wed Sep 29 00:53:34 UTC 2010
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Scott Silva wrote:

>> I should have admitted that there is a Windows partition on the old disk.
>> It came with the machine, but I never use it.
>> However, I would like to save it if possible,
>> as there seem to be some operations on this computer (HP ProLiant M110),
>> eg updating the BIOS, which seem to require Windows to be running.
>>
> All the HP servers I have are fully update able from linux... I don't have
> a M110, but I have several ML350's

Sorry, I was talking nonsense.
I have two servers (in different locations), both running CentOS-5.5.
One is an HP ProLiant,
but the one with the bad disk is actually a Dell PowerEdge T105.
The information that came with this explicitly warns
against using Linux to update the BIOS.
(The machine actually came with a curious mixture of Windows and Linux,
in the form of a partial RedHat Enterprise system.)
Also the Western Digital disk software
all seems to assume the the machine is running under Windows.
(Admittedly it didn't tell me anything more than smart under CentOS.)

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net