[CentOS] interview request for ppl who have Shockwave/.Firefox working

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Apr 4 14:18:45 UTC 2011

> One other factor might be video hardware acceleration.  Of those who
> have Shockwave working, are you also running VHA??

On my laptop I have a 'VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon
Mobility M6 LY' (according to lspci) and I use the stock CentOS driver:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "radeon"
EndSection

On my 64-bit desktop I have a 'VGA compatible controller: nVidia
Corporation C77 [GeForce 8200] (rev a2)' and also use the stock CentOS
driver:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "vesa"
EndSection

And yes, the 64-bit flash 'preview' plugin and yes, it plays flash
videos just fine there.  [*I* have no use for nVidia's drive -- I don't
do 3D modeling or video games, etc.]