[CentOS] interview request for ppl who have Shockwave/.Firefox working

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Apr 4 16:28:02 UTC 2011

<centos at centos.org> wrote:
>> Robert Heller wrote:
>> > At Mon, 04 Apr 2011 09:39:04 -0400 CentOS mailing list
>> <centos at centos.org>
>> > wrote:
>> <snip>
>> > And yes, the 64-bit flash 'preview' plugin and yes, it plays flash
videos just fine there.  [*I* have no use for nVidia's drive -- I
don't do 3D modeling or video games, etc.]

>> Unfortunately, you *do* need nVidia's proprietary driver if you've got
dual monitors, like a lot of places I've worked in the last few years.

> I have just the one 17" VGA monitor.  Don't have room for either a
larger monitor or a second one.  And I am not sure what I would do with
a second monitor if I had one.

Lessee, last place I worked, not sure about the one before that, and where
I work now, almost everyone has dual monitors. It's the "in thing". (We
won't talk about my co-worker, who seems to remember fondly when he was in
the NOC, with three? four? monitors....)

          mark "only has two eyeballs"