[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Mon Apr 4 19:23:49 UTC 2011

David Brian Chait wrote:
>> If Karanbir says 3 weeks it takes 3 months. (as well as with CentOS 5.6)
>
> Well that and we have been a few days away from 5.6 for well over a few months now...

OK guys. Why don't you fork the CentOS project and build your own???

Why don't ANYBODY fork CentOS project? What are you/they waiting for?
Whining is easy, build something on your own.

I have built/tried Fedora packages missing from CentOS 5.x and it would
in some case took me several days just to realize that dependencies
needed would change base files, and none of the versions of packages
will work.

And I was the only one to compile Skype 2.1.0.81 rpm for CentOS/RHEL 5.x
(as far as I know).