[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

David Brian Chait dchait at invenda.com
Mon Apr 4 22:11:19 UTC 2011

"SL didn't pass the muster in our env in terms of a drop in replacement
for Centos.

On the other hand, we have simply dropped in Centos in place of RHEL w/
o issue.

Our env is a rather complex CGI/VFX based pipeline that is not trivial
to design or support.

So if you have 12-24 months, I'd wait, seriously man, what's the rush?"

I have to provide a reliable and scalable infrastructure, and that requires a reliable provider / updates. While I do not need Centos 6 today, this development cycle has certainly raised questions as to whether the development process can be relied upon. The whole "when it's ready" mantra works well for academic/individual users, but you can't plan business processes based on it.