[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Brian Mathis brian.mathis+centos at betteradmin.com
Mon Apr 4 23:37:18 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at softdux.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 1:22 AM, Brian Mathis
> <brian.mathis+centos at betteradmin.com> wrote:
>> Appreciate your efforts, but let's make one thing clear:
>>
>> The SINGLE source of ALL the current community issues (or "whining" as
>> you put it) is:
>>    ***LACK OF INFORMATION***
>>    ***LACK OF INFORMATION***
>>    ***LACK OF INFORMATION***
>> about what is going on.
>>
>> No one cares if it's going to take another 3 months.
>>
>> All that is needed to stop the weekly explosions are some regular
>> updates about the process.  Something like "Working on xyz package but
>> ran into this problem.  Still have to look at packages abc and def"
>> would more than satisfy a vast majority of people complaining here.
>> It's mind boggling that the project just doesn't seem to understand
>> that.
>>

>> // Brian Mathis
>

> and prolong development even further..........
>

> --
> Rudi Ahlers
> SoftDux

Rudi, the most professional thing I can think of to say about this
argument, which is continually used, is that it's complete BS.

Any developer who doesn't already use some type of status tracking
tool is such a beginner that they have probably not yet completed
primary school.  Clearly this is NOT the level of the CentOS devs.

Also, this gets into a much deeper discussion of what is the work
product of any IT person.  The thing preventing you from doing more
work is not how fast you can type, but working out problems.  To say
that keeping track of your status slows down problem solving is
completely ignorant -- in fact it's the opposite since you need to
sleep sometime and status tracking will help you get back up to speed
faster the next day.

// Brian Mathis