[CentOS] CentOS-5.5 Live CD & netinstall

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 01:25:48 UTC 2011

On 4/6/11 6:17 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> If anyone can suggest a simpler way of installing CentOS
> on a machine without a CD drive I should be interested to hear.

I thought I did that a long time ago.  Put the small boot.img file that is in
the /images on the CD or DVD isos on a USB drive (you can use a loopback mount
to get it if you can't find a place to download it separately), boot from it,
pick nfs as the install method, and point it to the directory containing the CD
iso images that you have under an NFS export on another box.  You'll be in the
same installer as if you booted the install disk with 'linux askmethod' at the
boot prompt and have all the same choices as you would if you were changing CDs
as you go - except it takes care of that for you.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com