[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Radu Gheorghiu radu at pengooin.net
Thu Apr 7 16:13:50 UTC 2011

On 04/07/2011 07:02 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 04/07/2011 08:11 AM, Radu Gheorghiu wrote:

>>> This coming from someone who frequently tells people to "SHUT UP" and go
>>> away and use something else. I guess that's far more professional than
>>> others trying to open up communications between a projects members and
>>> the developers.
>>>
>> Fully agree. This attitude has lead many companies I know to drop CentOS
>> in favour of other distros. This project is sure not going in the right
>> direction.
>> I know, I'm going to be told to use something else, I know I know, I'm
>> looking for alternatives.
> Good ... if you don't like CentOS, then we do not want you to use it.
Good.
> For people who do like it, we do want you to use it.
>
> What we do not want is for people to think that they have a Service
> Level Agreement with CentOS to produce updates on their schedule.
I don't think anybody wants a SLA from CentOS.
> If you WANT a service level agreement with me, then you may contract for
> one.  If you pay me enough, I will guarantee you updates on what ever
> schedule you are willing to pay for.  I will be very professional in my
> dealings with you in that case too.
It's all about the money is it?

Johnny, why do you always reply with "don't use it" ? Or now i see "give
me money and i'll do it" ?

Instead I would reply with a link to "here's how we do the rebuild now,
here's the tools we use, and here's where we are at, help us out!" .

Instead of telling users to leave CentOS, ask for their help. Why not do
that? I'm not sure, maybe all these resources are already online and I
am not aware of them. That might very well be the case. However I am
certain that if you would reply with an URL which states where the
project is at, everybody would be happy, and you won't be seeing any
"when is this ready?" questions.

If CentOS project is not so "closed" as it seems to be, please enlighten me.