[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sun Apr 10 18:15:43 UTC 2011

Em 06-04-2011 10:33, Karanbir Singh escreveu:
> On 04/06/2011 07:54 AM, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
>> How can a company dedicate a few man-hours per week to help CentOS?
>> I mean this in a more official way, rather than just a person dropping
>> by at the -devel list.
>
> Thats a very good question, and something more people should be asking
> : here is a terse reply : adopt a part of the distro, contribute tests
> and take ownership of driving support for those components forward ( so,
> wiki content, support in irc channels and support for users on those
> components in the mailing lists ). Start with a package or two, then
> move that forward. Start with whats already in the distro.

Didn't you read the part where I said...

«I mean this in a more official way, rather than just a person dropping
by at the -devel list.»

?

You just gave me examples of more "person Foo dropping by Bar"... I'm
not sure how that can shorten the gap between upstream and CentOS
releases. It seems more in the way of giving user support.

The main support *I* need is timely updates and releases.

It's obvious there is a man-power issue. It is obvious to me you're in
denial :)

Rui