[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Apr 11 16:20:38 UTC 2011

On 04/10/2011 07:15 PM, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> You just gave me examples of more "person Foo dropping by Bar"... I'm
> not sure how that can shorten the gap between upstream and CentOS
> releases. It seems more in the way of giving user support.

No, re-read what I said. Ownership in the distro is quite a different
ballgame from userend support.

> The main support *I* need is timely updates and releases.

The aim is to solve problems on a much larger scale, like the entire
userbase. One of the key areas is this - and its a shared thing, but it
an issue that needs to be solved by doing the right thing and not just
something random.

> It's obvious there is a man-power issue. It is obvious to me you're in
> denial :)

you are wrong on both counts, and unless you are ready to get your
thinking hat on and use it, its going to be quite hard to figure things out.

- KB