[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Apr 12 14:31:15 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, April 12, 2011 10:07 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 04/12/2011 02:06 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>>> There are pages in the wiki that already describe what we are doing
>>> right now.
>>
>> Really? Where do I look to see what has been tried with packages that are
>> currently failing QA or not building yet?  Or even what are the current
>> time-consuming problems that haven't been solved yet?
>
> The process is not the product.
>
>>> The bug.centos.org site is open to anyone who might want to get involved
>>> and help fix bugs. I'm guessing you are just new to CentOS and dont
>>> really know what you are talking about. Try thinking things though for a
>>> change.
>>
>> Wouldn't thinking things through have to result in distributing the time
>> consuming work instead of making it wait for any single owner?
>
> Exactly, which is where the idea of 'ownership' comes through.

How are you going to vet the stuff? The QA team will be responsible for
that? For all the talk of giving others the exact tools to replicate a
Centos distro - just how is the stuff produced by a zillion would be
contributors (assuming they don't take off to build their own crap
distro) going to be vetted?