[CentOS] GUI Software Raid Monitor Software

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 18:27:13 UTC 2011

On 4/12/2011 12:29 AM, jvalidolnx at juanyjosefina.com wrote:
> I'm a Windows and an old guy, I don't really know what I mean. Thanks.

I thought the default setup that you get when you install on raid would
configure it to send email to root about problems (that is, you get an
entry for 'MAILADDR root' in /etc/mdadm.conf and an automatically
started madadm --monitor process).  At least I don't remember doing
anything special to get those and there is a line:
# mdadm.conf written out by anaconda
at the top of the file.

So the only thing you should have to do is add an alias for root in
/etc/aliases to have this and the info that logwatch sends periodically
delivered to the address of your choice.  Depending on your internet
connection and mail server, you might need some tweaking to make
outbound mail work, but that's a different question.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com