[CentOS] CentOs 5.6 and Time Sync

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Apr 15 11:08:18 UTC 2011

On 04/14/2011 06:23 AM, Mailing List wrote:
> On 4/14/2011 6:47 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>
>> Is it really true that the time is working perfectly with one of the
>> other kernels (the older ones)?
>>

>    Johnny,
>
>       Yes, As long as I run the older 5.5 kernel my time is perfect. All
> clients can get from this machine with no issues. As soon as I run new
> kernel, or Plus kernel for that matter. The time goes downhill. "Uphill
> actually"
>
>     To answer the previous question I do have the HW clock set to utc,
> Everything is stock from initial install of the package.
>
> Brian.

I do not see anything from Dell that is a model C151.

I also do not see anything in the RH bugzilla that is problematic for
older AMD processors and the clock, unless running KVM type virtual
machines.

Is this a VM or regular install?

If this a real machine, do you have the latest BIOS from Dell?

Do you have any special kernel options in grub?