[CentOS] kernel panic on 5.6

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Apr 19 14:28:23 UTC 2011

Maybe the quickest way to find out is to install manually via PXE. Use the
same disk structure etc. you use in the kickstart, stay as close as
possible. If that succeeds compare the kickstart log for that install with
your kickstart file.
It's possible that you have some directive in there that wasn't 100%
correct, but failed gracefully before and now it doesn't. I assume you
have already watched one of the failing kickstart installs to rule out any
missing files or other glitches that would be visible on the install
screen that runs thru? I also assume that you at least verified that the
partitions are there and filled with reasonably looking files.

> my /etc/grub.conf looks fine

it doesn't contain the boot config.

Kai