[CentOS] kernel panic on 5.6

Peter Kjellström cap at nsc.liu.se
Tue Apr 19 14:47:50 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, April 19, 2011 03:56:41 PM Jerry Geis wrote:
> ok - so I am getting the kernel panic in my (kickstart PXE invironment).
> I have used this environment since cents 5.2
> The PXE starts up 5.6 gets installed that all works fine.
> then after it reboots I get the kernel panic cant mount root (0,0)

Are you sure this is exactly what it says? (0,0) is not a good root device.
Try pressing e in grub and look at what it has for root=...

If it's as you say a trivial sata drive setup and you know where the root fs
is the you could try to just change root= in the grub entry to reflect that
((e)dit mode in grub on boot).

/Peter