[CentOS] Centos 5.3, Firefox, and JRE

Eric Kaufmann

kaufmann at slu.edu
Tue Apr 19 20:40:26 UTC 2011

I can't get java applets to run in Firefox.

We are using centos 5.3, firefox 3.0.11. Java version 1.6.0_24 is installed.

java version "1.6.0_24"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode)

I know there has been allot written about this issue. I did look and there
is no jre plug in installed for Firefox.

I tried to reinstall java and this did not work either.

Any ideas?

Eric

--
Eric Kaufmann |  Application Support Analyst -  Advanced Technology Group |
Saint Louis University | 314-977-2257 | kaufmann at slu.edu | Interested in