[CentOS] Attaching LinkSys WRT54GL to CentOS machine

Timothy Murphy

gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Apr 24 14:02:42 UTC 2011

I have a LinkSys WRT54GL router,
which I would like to attach to my CentOS-5.6 server,
to set up a LAN 192.168.2.* .
The server is attached to the internet
through a Billion modem/router which has a single ethernet outlet.

The instructions for the LinkSys router
assume that it is being attached directly to an ADSL modem.
But for various reasons I want everything to go through my server.

I wonder if anyone has set up a system like this?
If so, I'd be grateful for advice on how to do it.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net