[CentOS] CentOS 5.6 - Samba server + Windows error 233

Guy Boisvert boisvert.guy at videotron.ca
Fri Apr 29 18:03:12 UTC 2011

Le 2011-04-27 13:44, Ryan Wagoner a écrit :
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Guy Boisvert
> <boisvert.guy at videotron.ca>  wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>>      I have upgraded my servers yesterday to CentOS 5.6 via yum update.
>> Everything went smoothly except that i have client workstations not part of
>> the domain that are not able to access the samba server anymore.  The samba
>> server is part of the domain.  We recently added Windows 2008 R2 DC.
>> Everything was working smoothly until the CentOS update.
> If I remember correctly with a Windows 2008 DC you need to use the
> samba3x packages.
>
> Ryan

Thanks Ryan.

I will try it next weekend and report back to the list.

If there is a Samba3X, this is oubiously for something.

I was forced to change our DCs to Winblows 2008 and it turned into a big
mess here (Samba freaking, DNS instability, Exchange 2010 doing its best
to force us upgrading to Outlook 2010, etc etc etc)!