[CentOS] how to access lvm inside lvm

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Apr 29 22:27:27 UTC 2011

On 04/29/11 3:05 PM, Peter Peltonen wrote:
> I have a centos 5.6 server that has xen domUs installed on their on
> logical volumes. These logical volumes contain their own volume groups
> and again their own logical volumes. I want to

ugh, and double ugh.   this violates the KISS 'keep it super simple'
principle, and I can only see the extra layers of complexity leading to
more frustration.

I would instead run LVM only on dom0, and have your domU's creating file
systems directly on the virtual devices mapped to said LVs.   if you
need to grow a file system, you resize the LV from dom0, and then growfs
in the domU