[CentOS] cross-platform email client

Fri Apr 15 19:07:39 UTC 2011
Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org>

I'm a Thunderbird user almost since day one, but now I'm looking for
something else. For whatever reason, it doesn't work well for me - every
once in a while it becomes non-responsive (UI completely frozen for
several seconds, CPU usage goes to 100%) and I just can't afford to
waste time waiting for the email software to start working again.

My main desktop platform is Linux, but I need a client that works the
same and looks the same on Windows too. Email server is IMAP with a
pretty hefty account: over a hundred folders, hundreds of thousands of
messages total (server-side filtering with Sieve). Typically it's a
remote session, over VPN. So the client better work well, and be
glitch-free.

The issues with Thunderbird might be related to the size of my IMAP
account, plus the VPN latency - but frankly, I don't care, the client
needs to hide all that stuff from me, do the updates or whatever in the
background, instead of blocking the UI until it's done. Ironically, it
blocked when I was done with this paragraph and I hit Enter. Sticking it
to the man one last time, I guess.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

--
Florin Andrei