[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Tue Apr 5 07:53:32 UTC 2011
Alain Péan <alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr>

Le 05/04/2011 02:24, Brian Mathis a écrit :
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 8:10 PM, Rudi Ahlers<Rudi at softdux.com>  wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 1:56 AM, Brian Mathis
>> <brian.mathis+centos at betteradmin.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Rudi,
>>>
>>> Cut the crap.  You're intentionally changing the context of the
>>> discussion, so please stop posting.  No one has "demanded" that the
>>> Devs send an email every time they take a shi^H^H^H^H^H^H^H make a cup
>>> of coffee, as you have said.  In fact no one has "demanded" anything.
>>> Requests, yes.  A post once in a while with some real information
>>> (other than "we're working on it") would be nice.
>>>
>>> Also I don't see any comments demanding anyone do anyone else's work
>>> for them.  Again, you have twisted the conversation to become more of
>>> a flamefest by making things up that are not true.  Not one post has
>>> "demanded" anything.
>>>
>>> Everyone is here because they care about the project.  That's what is
>>> constantly missing in the replies by those who continue to browbeat
>>> and deride anyone simply looking for information.  It's a symptom of a
>>> deeper problem that will only be made worse by that kind of treatment.
>>>
>>> // Brian Mathis
>> Brian, since you take it so personal, you should cut the crap. And grow up.
>>
>> Have you actually followed, properly, what has been said the past few
>> weeks about the last updates (i.e. 4.9 / 5.6&  6.0?) about people
>> leaving CentOS cause other products are better and how the devs should
>> step up to keep up with the rest of the world?
>>
>> I personally, as well as many others (looking at their comments) are
>> more than happy to wait for the next release - exactly when it
>> released. I rely on CentOS for one reason - it's stability and
>> security. I don't want a half-ass-baked distro.And I frankly don't
>> care what you think about it. If you don't like it, then move on. Get
>> RedHat, or Novell or Debian, or whatever fits your needs. BUT PLEASE,
>> stop putting extra pressure on the devs cause you have some personal
>> vendetta against how quickly they release their updates. Surely, when
>> you started using CentOS, you knew exactly what it was and what it's
>> relationship was with it's upstream vendor. Now, due to their changes,
>> CentOS updates gets delayed. Live with it, or get in touch with Red
>> Hat and take it out on them.
>>
>> The last thing I want to see if CentOS coming to a grinding halt
>> because the demand for half-tested-and-released-too-soon-releases and
>> everyone want an update every 5 days have become too so great the devs
>> can't get to doing their work properly anymore.
>
> I really have no way to respond to such a thorough misreading of what
> I have said.  I don't even know where to begin.
>
> For everything you claim I have said I have in fact said the exact
> opposite.  I have no idea where you get the idea of lumping me in with
> those throwing a tizzy about the releases not being ready.
>
> The only thing I have said is that if we want these weekly threads to
> [...]

Brian,

I agree with you and am amazed of the misinterpretation of what we say.
I too am only asking for more regular short updates of what is going on
with the project. I think it is something normal for a community
project, and that can give trust in it.

Alain

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33