[CentOS] FTP server for registered and anonymous users

Wed Apr 6 02:43:24 UTC 2011
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 04/05/11 6:45 PM, Fidel Dominguez-Valero wrote:
> Friends I have a good ftp server working with authentication of users,
> but I want to put a folder with general information for everyone can
> read without having to log in, that is to be seen both registered users
> and guests too.

all FTP users have to log in, by convention, user "anonymous" (alias
"ftp") accepts any password, and is put in the ftp guest directory
(/var/ftp by default on centos systems)

so, all you should have to do is enable anonymous ftp and put your files
for the anon user in the ftp guest directory.